FLAT ROOF INSTALLATION
What to expect during flat roof installation:
- Property protection and coverage using plywood and tarps.
- Removal of ALL old roofing material.
- Repair and replacement of rotten boards/plywood decking underneath the flat roof if needed.
- Re-nailing and re-securing of roof deck. This will help enhance the look of the roof by providing a flat surface to install the new material to and minimize the chance of premature cracking to roofing material.
- Inspect roof decking for adequate slope for drainage and advise homeowner if repairs are needed.
- Inspect flat roof cavities for proper levels of insulation and advise homeowner.
- Installation of ISO board foam core RIDGID insulation (optional)
- Installation of 25lb heat resistant fiberglass paper.
- Installation of 1/8” fiberglass heat resistant protecto board sheathing. These two items are designed to provide fire and heat protection of wood structures.
- Installation of a 2.2mm OR 3mm torched down base sheet (1st ply of 2 ply system)
- Installation of 4mm torched down cap sheet to waterproof (2nd ply of 2 ply system)
- Install drip edge perimeter eaves flashing. This is designed to direct water into eavestroughing system and guard against animal entry.
- Ventilation – bathroom exhaust vents and flat roof venting for removal of condensation.
- Installation of flashings to plumbing pipes and exhaust pipes.
- Installation of metal flashing details to chimney, walls etc.
- Caulking, sealing, debris removal
A roofing system alone will not provide enough heat retention without proper insulation. High tech Roofing Company Ltd. can make sure that the structure is properly insulated for optimal energy efficiency. Read up on our Insulation services or call us for more information.